No money shall be drawn from the Treasury but in Consequence of Appropriations made by LawUS Constitution Article I, Section 9, Clause 7
Simpson Remarks at FY24 Budget Hearing for the Bureau of Land Management, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and National Park Service (As Prepared)
The Committee will come to order.
The Biden Administration’s failed border security policies have undoubtedly created a spiraling security and humanitarian crisis at our southwest border, with illegal crossings continuing to skyrocket.
Yesterday, Secretary of Homeland Security (DHS) Alejandro Mayorkas testified before the Committee, pushing a false narrative on the state of our border.
I want to thank everyone for joining us today as we review the Food and Drug Administration’s fiscal year 2024 budget request. Our witness is the Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, Dr. Robert Califf.
- H.R. 2157 FY 2019 Disaster Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act
- H.R. 2740 FY 2020 Four-Bill Appropriations Package: Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education + Defense + State and Foreign Operations + Energy and Water Development
- H.R. 3055 FY 2020 Five-Bill Appropriations Package: Commerce, Justice, and Science + Agriculture, Rural Development, and Food and Drug Administration + Interior and Environment + Military Construction and Veterans Affairs + Transportation and Housing and Urban Development
- H.R. 3351 FY 2020 Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act
- H.R. 3401 FY 2019 Humanitarian Assistance and Security at the Southern Border Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act
Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education
Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration
Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies