Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
- Rosa DeLauro, Ranking Member
- Lucille Roybal-Allard
- Barbara Lee
- Mark Pocan
- Katherine Clark
- Department of Education
- Department of Health and Human Services [except Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry; Food and Drug Administration; Indian Health Services and Facilities; and National Institute of Environmental Sciences (formerly EPA/Superfund)]
- Department of Labor
- Related Agencies
- Committee for Purchase From People Who Are Blind or Severely Disabled
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service
- Federal Mine Safety and Health Review Commission
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Medicare Payment Advisory Commission
- National Commission on Libraries and Information Science
- National Council on Disability
- National Education Goals Panel
- National Labor Relations Board
- National Mediation Board
- Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission
- Railroad Retirement Board
- Social Security Administration
July 19, 2017 Press Release
The 2018 Labor-HHS-Education Appropriations bill is an affront to women, families, and all hard-working Americans. It would harm schools and eliminate support for teachers; dramatically cut job training opportunities; and undermine public health. Finally, the bill attacks women’s health by eliminating Title X family planning and Teen Pregnancy Prevention, and removing the ability of millions of women to choose Planned Parenthood as their preferred health care provider.
July 12, 2017 Press Release
The biggest economic challenge of our time is that too many people are in jobs that do not pay them enough to live on. The programs in this bill provide opportunities for hardworking Americans to improve themselves and for our economy to grow—it provides for our children to thrive through education, for job seekers to get the skills they need through job training, for workers to be protected from unjust labor practices.
July 12, 2017 Press Release
This bill is the inadequate result of the false choice the Appropriations Committee has confronted all year. Its commendable elements come at the expense of national priorities that are on the chopping block purely because House Republican Leadership continues to dither and avoid coming to the table to find a suitable spending agreement.
May 17, 2017 Press Release
The NIH is the leading biomedical research entity in the world. My colleagues on the subcommittee have often heard me say that medical research is special. A breakthrough at NIH saves not just one life, but potentially millions, over generations to come. That breakthrough can improve the life of not just a sick individual, but the lives of their loved ones, caretakers, and friends.
March 28, 2017 Press Release
My sincere hope is that President Trump’s budget is dead on arrival. The budget is cynical, vindictive, and it would cause real harm to millions of American families.